Trading in Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by FaulknerM, Dec 24, 2008.

1. FaulknerM macrumors newbie

I bought myself a new late 2008 white macbook from mac connection for $899. i am feeling like i should just pay the extra for the aluminum, i used it at the apple store and i really like it alot. the question is, macconnection.com being a authorized reseller...can i just take the macbook back to the apple store near my house to do the exchange. Also does it matter if i have opened it or not?

thanks.

2. rick3000 macrumors 6502a

rick3000

I am not sure if the Apple Store will take it back or not, but since you have opened and used it you will have to pay a restocking fee since nothing is wrong with it. I think it is like 15%.
    I would just keep it, the plastic is more durable (it will flex not bend), and it has a Firewire port.

3. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

Just be happy with the plastic. Remember to buy Apple care! =D

4. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

The Apple Store will not exchange your machine because it maintains a different inventory count. Even if you bought your computer from Apple.com, you would still have to return it through the mail (for the same inventory reason).

There will be a hefty restocking fee, but whether or not it's worth it is entirely up to you.