Trading iPhone 4 to T-Mobile deal? Has anyone done that with the 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 26, 2014.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

How did it go ? And any downsides ?
    i want to trade in my iPhone 4 for credit

----------

But it's no longer in contract but my dad didn't pay the bill for ATT for a year under the contract
    Will T-Mobile accept ?

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

As long as it's working they should take it.

3. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

I know it's not the same phone, but I did it with my iPhone 5S (32gb Non T-Mobile). It went super smoothly. I got $352 for it and he then rung up the iPhone 6 (128gb) and then I used the rest to buy a case and screen protector then put the rest on my bill.

4. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you do will they accept if you have low credit score even tho you are trading in the phone if you aren't a new customer yet ?

5. H2K03 macrumors member

I traded in an iPhone 4 from Sprint and got $201 trade-in value for it. I believe this is a promo until Sept. 30th for any iphone 4, 4S, and 5. Just make sure it isn't cracked on front or back, no tripped water sensors, and that it's not iCloud locked and you should be fine. You can use the credit towards a phone or your monthly bill.

6. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

The woman rep asked me what I pay when I buy a new device. I said It's $0 down and I only pay the taxes. She then said "OK you can use the credit from the trade in towards the purchase of a new device."

So the trade in will be fine, I'm not sure what there way of thinking is in terms of if it can go towards a new phone or not. If it can't then it would only got towards your bill. Also I'd like to point out that my credit it terrible and I was able to use the trade in credit towards the 128gb iPhone 6.