Trading iPhone - looking for advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sviato, Oct 21, 2011.

1. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

So I'll likely be trading my iPhone 4 for a Blackberry Bold 9900 within the next week (just want to try it since most of my friends are all on about BBM).

I do think that in the future I'll go back to the iPhone so I want to make sure I can restore from a backup later.

I sync my phone to my computer at least once a week but I remember once that I tried to restore from a back-up but when it asked me which file to open, I couldn't find the .ipsw file with my back-up (I'm using windows btw). So how can I properly back up my data to be able to restore from it later?

Also, before handing over the phone, I understand that I should erase all of the data through the settings and then do a factory restore. Is there anything else that should be done to ensure that the new owner can't access any of my personal info?

Another concern is my music, I don't think that all the songs that are on my iPhone are on my computer, is there a way to transfer them to my computer?

Lastly, is there an easy way to transfer my contacts from the iPhone to the BB without writing them all down the entering them one by one?

Thanks in advance

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Good lord... :eek:

Looks like somebody needs an intervention! ;) :p