Trading my imac for a macbook pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JHNguyen, Oct 10, 2007.

1. JHNguyen macrumors member

Hi,
    I'm looking to trade my imac for a macbook pro, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I take my computer out a lot, whether it's for music, school, or some games. Games are not a huge issue if that's a huge deal. I'm waiting for Guitar Hero III to come out for Mac, and that's pretty much the most graphic intensive game I'll play. (I'm guessing i can run that) I usually don't run heavy stuff on my computer, maybe once in awhile, I just hate when I'm doing things and it's not as "snappy." But I guess the issue was me coming from a ibook G4 to this imac. I hated how slow the ibook was.

My current imac:
    1.83 ghz intel core duo, 2 gigs of ram, 160 gb hd

macbook for trad
    1.87 core duo, 2 gigs of ram, 160 gb HD.

The other things I'm not exactly sure about, but if I'm not mistaken, it comes with the same graphics card, except "mobility" version. Is that a huge difference? Will their be a big speed difference between these two computers?

also are their any known problems with this computer? I believe its a first generation intel/mac laptop

John

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

pretty much same specs. If the trade is straight up, go with the MBP. If you are trading plus having to pay additional money, it obviously all comes down to how important mobility is

I've heard there were some probs with the rev a intel MBPs, search the forums.