Traffic and dictionary

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Eeko, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Eeko macrumors regular

Anyone get either of these to work. When I go to add dictionaries, it doesn't give any options.

I've found that even though I've been using beta since beta 1, the traffic still isn't showing up. I have all the settings enabled and my frequent places are listed.

2. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Same issue with me.

3. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Two thoughts come to mind:
    - Traffic for me didn't appear until I re-enabled the "Traffic" location services option on my phone. This option is pretty buried, and I disabled it a while back when it was made available to be disabled.
    - Is your work schedule reliable enough for the pattern to develop? My phone was able to actually pick up the weekly night out that my SO and I have, and give me reporting on that.

It might be worth checking under Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations to see if it is actually picking up on your frequent locations.

4. briankeith513, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013

briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

After updating today to ios 7 beta 5,

I still have the issue where, when I highlight a word, and click define, it won't define. Now I don't even see an option to download the dictionary. I see "manage". But when I try to click on the dictionary, nothing happens.

Edit, I was able to fix it after beta 5. I went to general, international, changes it to Espanol, then when the phone rebooted in Spanish, then I clicked a word to define, chose the Spanish word for downloading the dictionary, and I downloaded the Apple dictionary, plus 2 other English dictionaries. Then I went back to general, international, and then English, it rebooted, now it works even better than before because I have more than one definition that pops up.