Traffic app with widget

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Angelo921, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

In your opinion, what's the best accurate traffic app that has a widget?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I use Apple's traffic widget. It's pretty dead on and knows where I'm usually headed based on logged data in frequent locations.

3. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

I haven't used the Apple's traffic widget because my iPad mini2 stays at home most of the time and my iphone 4S is still running an old iOS 7.1.2 version.

I have read that there is still a bug with if i read this topic.

There is also an alternative if you use the car which is called 'ETA'.

For other public transports app check the sticky on widgets at 'Travel' to see a few options.

4. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

How can I add Apple's traffic widget? Is it already installed with IOS 8? I dont see it as one of the options when editing the widgets.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The Apple traffic widget is simply a line of text that gives you an estimated time of travel to locations that you typically frequent on a regular basis. It shows up ad hoc.

Make sure that it's enabled by going to Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services

Attached Files:

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

By the way, why must it have a widget? What's wrong with just using Waze?

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

A widget can just give you a quick glance view of a route or a few routes whenever you just pull down the notification center, which can even be done with the phone locked--so makes it for a much simpler and faster check of traffic essentially.

8. Angelo921 thread starter macrumors 6502

9. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I get specific traffic info from Apple when I put the address in my calendar entry. When I make an appointment on my calendar the second line of text is location. If you use the correct address of your meeting location the notification screen will tell you something like "looks like normal traffic on your drive to....." We don't have many issues here with traffic so it almost always says normal traffic but in addition it will tell you what time you would need to leave to get there on time. Handy.

10. nestafaria macrumors member

Hopefully, google now gets a widget soon. The apple traffic details are horribly inaccurate around DC. It always says the same 37 minutes to work, regardless if the highway is on fire and backed up for miles.

11. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal