Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tom504

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
(using android wear) I have Inrix and Google maps configured with traffic alerts and when I got into my car and the phone connects to my bluetooth I would get an alert on my watch what the expected time to my default (pre programmed) destination would be. In this case, every morning dropping my daughter off at school.

The same apps which sent the alerts via my iphone does not do the same on the Apple Watch.

Anyone use anything else that does do that, or has a good watch app for traffic and alerts, etc?

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
That's a nice feature! I do occasionally get Google Now notifications on my Watch if traffic is unusually heavy going home. But I never get standard commute times. Google just yesterday added an iOS widget to Google Maps that will show this on the Today screen. Maybe that will throw off notifications that the Watch will pick up.

tom504

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
You are right, its on my home screen now as a widget. I"ll update later this morning if my watch get's buzzed when I turn the car on with estimated time to arrival based on traffic:

http://lifehacker.com/google-maps-for-ios-adds-travel-times-extension-easy-s-1773388492

That's a nice feature! I do occasionally get Google Now notifications on my Watch if traffic is unusually heavy going home. But I never get standard commute times. Google just yesterday added an iOS widget to Google Maps that will show this on the Today screen. Maybe that will throw off notifications that the Watch will pick up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.