Traffic continuously coming in 4KB/s

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by XPcentric, May 28, 2010.

1. XPcentric macrumors 6502

hello, do you know where this traffic keeps coming in, even if I stop the browser and any other software. I remember of it showing 0 when no app is using internet.

I used a couple of applications including LittleSnitch to take snapshots attached; I only want to make sure it is not a spyware or someone browsing in my Mac. Any help is much appreciated

[​IMG]

L.E. Now I've searched I noticed there is plenty of Firewall logs including: "Stealth Mode connection attempt to TCP x.x.x.x:445 from 116.81.84.1:1194
    May 28 16:22:55"

Is it because of this ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You will always have some traffic, even with no apps running, due to handshaking between your system and your ISP to maintain the connection.

3. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

This is handled by the modem, it is more likely that the zero config services like Bonjour are broadcasting and receiving broadcasts.

4. XPcentric thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried to use this advice to disable Bonjour, but it looks like Bonjour is still 'listening' and that means it is running. It is annoying to see this traffic coming in up to 14KB/s without doing anything.

Sometimes I do use my mobile modem connection, and this may seem a bit of extra traffic. Must I have installed an update or something lately ?
    I remember definitely there was 0KB/s before, for the times when no app was using internet.

5. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

First, consider that you may be getting erroneous readings from LittleSnitch.

Try taking a look at Activity Monitor's network readings and compare.

I didn't see your edit originally. The IP is registered to Fujitsu in Japan, and its role defined as "Japan Network Information Center."

The port it is coming in on is 445 which is SMB (over IP).

There is a registered abuse address: abuse@web.ad.jp

You can also try a tcpdump.