Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

filmfanatic24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
I've seen screen shots of traffic info in the Notification Center...specifically in Today's View, based on your Frequent Locations from other people.

I checked and I have both my home and work logged in Frequent Locations history, I have Traffic and Maps on in Location services, but nothing pops up in the Notification Center.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Mine only showed itself for the first time on Monday, so it could just need to gather more information. Otherwise, it may be just a bug within the Beta.

OC513

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
NYC
it popped up for me the first time this morning. It told me in current traffic conditions it would take me roughly 10 minutes to drive to work. Pretty awesom. I did nothing on my part for it to happen, it just popped up on its own.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
You need to stop staring at your phone and actually leave your house for it to work... :p

I can't wait to see how much this feature progresses by launch. Wondering if it will also allow other personalized features like Google Now provides (favorite sport team info, etc.)

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK
When I'm at home in Orpington it pops up and tells me I'm 7 minutes away from Bromley.

Which is fine, but I don't live nor work in Bromley and have been there once since installing Beta 1 lol!

mumph

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
It learns your frequent locations so eventually the more places you go the better a pattern it can relate to and provide more accurate information.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I wonder where it's pulling the traffic data from. For anyone with the beta able to check? Unless its under NDA or something.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I've seen screen shots of traffic info in the Notification Center...specifically in Today's View, based on your Frequent Locations from other people.

I checked and I have both my home and work logged in Frequent Locations history, I have Traffic and Maps on in Location services, but nothing pops up in the Notification Center.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Mine is pretty spotty. It was working last weekend but now it's not working.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Probably the same place it is pulling it from in iOS6...Waze, users who have "traffic" turned on and public traffic sources.

Makes sense, but wasn't Waze just bought by Google? Hope Apple doesn't lose access to the traffic data.

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK
If you click on it, it shows you a map and directions. In my case, it's because Apple Maps puts all the smaller towns in my area under the blanket of the bigger town.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.