Tragedy! Pages documents almost lost

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Jardins de Vin, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Jardins de Vin macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin

Hello,

today I've decided I would update Pages on my iPad, it was an update that was available for a long time now. So I started the update (from my iPad) and then cancelled it again. It was slowing down the internet and I needed it for something else. Then I remembered that I read something a comment on the App Store by someone, who said that all his documents were lost after the update.

I hadn't updated yet, I cancelled the download almost immediately, but when I went into Pages on the iPad, my documents were gone. They are still present on iCloud.com however.

Are pages documents synced with iTunes? I could somehow load them again. I'm just very scared I'll delete something. These are really important documents!!!! And it's not normal that a piece of hardware so expensive is so unreliable.

What should I do next? I'm very scared of taking any steps… I don't own Pages on Mac by the way. Thanks so much!

2. iShorty macrumors regular

iShorty

They would be synced with iCloud which in theory should just be fetched to your device when it's updated, just like you have done to gain them back after cancelling the update.

3. Jardins de Vin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin

Well, I've updated the app now, but they don't reappear. I haven't really gained them back, I only found them on iCloud.com – they were left there apparently, I'm just scared they will be deleted from there as well.

In the Pages preferences, the iCloud option is off. I tried to set it to on, but after a short time it puts itself to off again. Not sure why.