Tragedy upon updating ios 6 to 7

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by saintcarlos, Sep 4, 2014.

1. saintcarlos macrumors newbie

It's a sad day for me today, i had held out for so long in updating my iPhone 4s from ios 6 to 7. i got on my PC, backed up and proceeded into updating. i got an error (6) so that forced the phone into recover. I restored the phone successfully and synced my backup...when it finished i picked up my phone and the welcome screen was saying "Hello" to me, i tried to unlock it with no luck, the screen was unresponsive, i got worried but i quickly shoved it off and did a hard reset, boom! still there...my heart sank a little...another hard reset...NOTHING. it worked perfectly before! never gave me any problems! but no problem! i restored it once more thinking it was a bug or glitch...nope...still there. I did a few more resets and went for another restore...no lucks guys....i then thought... "well i'll give it another shot but this time i wont sync my backup" thinking it was my settings or some app, well nope, my screen isn't responding, i swear guys, it worked GREAT. it never ever did this before, i don't understand why this happened....i chatted online with an apple agent and he said it was hardware, cost $199 to repair or i could go into a store and hope for a lower price, (not paying that) does anyone know what else i could do? do i have to replace the screen? and how will i know that's the issue? cause like i said..it worked flawlessly before...i don't want to pay for a screen replacement and find out its software issue. any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. saintcarlos thread starter macrumors newbie

i think ive tried about everything suggested there....still unresponsive, keeps bugging me how an update could break my touch screen?

edit : forgot to mention the phone no longer has service, i basically use it as an iPod, would this have anything to do with it? maybe its locked or such?

3. saintcarlos thread starter macrumors newbie