Trainer Certification

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jackhdev, Feb 6, 2012.

1. jackhdev macrumors 6502

I want to become an Apple Certified Trainer in Aperture and teach at an AATC over the summer as a job. This AATC told me that if I can get certified, then there's a job waiting for me because as of now they only offer courses for IT certification. The only problem is... I don't have one year of teaching experience in a "structured classroom environment". I've held an app club weekly for about a year and have taught a class of about ten people how to make an app. I'm confident in my abilities to organize and convey an idea to other people, so to other Trainers out there... does Apple give you a hard time or not allow you to become certified if you do not fulfill this requirement? Thanks for your help.

2. briantology macrumors 6502

AFAIK, certifications are based on exams. Actually teaching at an AATC may require something more, such as said "one year teaching experience in a structured environment", but I'm unfamiliar with Apple certification so I don't know for sure.

The best advice I can give is to peruse Apple's training and certification page, study what you can and take the exams, but also ask your question to the people at the center you're applying for. They are the ones hiring you. ;)