Training Touch ID in the Settings Menu

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mach, Dec 20, 2013.

1. mach macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I've inferred that you can train Touch ID from the settings menu, I posted this on r/Apple but no one believed me, so I made a video demonstrating it and thought I'd share it here as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-xjUfslKpo

Great for training more of your finger (I get about halfway down my index finger here) and for those who are having issues with Touch ID not recognizing them.

Long video so you can see the whole process if you wish, important parts if you want to skip around:
    :20 - Initial finger alignment / rejection by Touch ID (crease close to bottom edge of screen, I say it's in the middle of the sensor but that's how it appear from my viewing angle)
    :43 - Scanning from the tip of my finger, 'normal' area where I initially registered it, moving my finger up to test scanning in the middle of the finger again
    5:50 - Same alignment now working

Happy Scanning!

2. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Thnx. I would use touch ID but my iphone is in a lifeproof...:(

3. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

I was trying to figure out what you meant (I had never heard of the lifeproof case) so I searched and found it. Then I also noticed that it says it "provides full access to the Touch ID function." Maybe a different model than the one you have.

4. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Ill look into it. Thnx

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

6. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

really......

touch id doesn't need a science degree to get it right, smh

7. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a