Tranfer via network - mac to pc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ddzc, Jun 15, 2007.

1. ddzc macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a system here running Panther 10.3.7.

I need to transfer data over (via network) to a Windows box.

What applications and methods do you recommend to make this happen? Can I install veritas on the windows box and use something else on the mac to successfully implement the transfer? The mac has retrospect installed.

What are your opinions?

Thanks

2. ddzc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot

I actually got it going. I had an issue though.

I trasnferred some files from the mac to the pc. I then transferred those files from the pc back to the mac and the files we're all corrupted. All of the quark files had the extensions changed to text files and was corrupted.

Any ideas on how this occured?

I believe appletalk may work a bit better.

The problem is that I cannot connect to the windows machine with it. Everytime I try to connect to the server it fails stating incorrect username and password. The problem is that it never prompted me for the credentials. It seems as though a password is saved somewhere from a previous connection maybe from someone else perhaps, how can I clear it? How can I connect via appleta;k and have it request for the proper credentials. I have appletalk enabled on the ethernet adapters.

Thanks again

3. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

sorry, I've had dozens of Macs but no PC's ever, so I've never even tried to transfer files between the two. Just knew there was a guide on this topic.

Someone else will likely know what's going on.

Good luck.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Have you tried correcting the extensions?

5. SC68Cal macrumors 68000