Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Tranfering VHS to DVD using Imovie11 problems

perezjuanf

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
West Palm Beach
I am trying to transfer home VHS to DVD

I have been able to do the tranfering by using Elgato

Got several question how to proceed

I have been able to eliminate or delete the clips that I don't want, except for those sections of the video where a deleted clip ends and the good clip begins

No matter what I do I don't seem to be able to remove that portion of a clip
I have splited a clip and see both parts but it bad one won't go away

Can anyone help me?

BTW
Do I edit the video in the Event stage or at the Project Stage

I have been editing the video in the Event stage the have been able to delete the unwanted clips except for thos I mention above.

If I try to edit the video in the Project Stage I am unable to separate clidp

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Select the section of each clip in the Event Library that you want, and then drag it into your Project. You can then "fine tune" it there.

If I try to edit the video in the Project Stage I am unable to separate clidp
You can do that in the Event Library by adjusting the yellow box to select only what you want. If you want to split a clip in a Project, move the mouse/playhead to where you want to split, Right/Ctrl click and choose Split Clip.

Comment

perezjuanf

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
West Palm Beach
Select the section of each clip in the Event Library that you want, and then drag it into your Project. You can then "fine tune" it there.

Thanks for the reply

You can do that in the Event Library by adjusting the yellow box to select only what you want. If you want to split a clip in a Project, move the mouse/playhead to where you want to split, Right/Ctrl click and choose Split Clip.

Will this move or copy the clip, so far I have not been able to replace the edited splited clip.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.