Tranfering VHS to DVD using Imovie11 problems

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by perezjuanf, Jan 24, 2012.

1. perezjuanf macrumors member

I am trying to transfer home VHS to DVD

I have been able to do the tranfering by using Elgato

Got several question how to proceed

I have been able to eliminate or delete the clips that I don't want, except for those sections of the video where a deleted clip ends and the good clip begins

No matter what I do I don't seem to be able to remove that portion of a clip
    I have splited a clip and see both parts but it bad one won't go away

Can anyone help me?

BTW
    Do I edit the video in the Event stage or at the Project Stage

I have been editing the video in the Event stage the have been able to delete the unwanted clips except for thos I mention above.

If I try to edit the video in the Project Stage I am unable to separate clidp

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Select the section of each clip in the Event Library that you want, and then drag it into your Project. You can then "fine tune" it there.

You can do that in the Event Library by adjusting the yellow box to select only what you want. If you want to split a clip in a Project, move the mouse/playhead to where you want to split, Right/Ctrl click and choose Split Clip.

3. perezjuanf thread starter macrumors member

Will this move or copy the clip, so far I have not been able to replace the edited splited clip.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Will what do that?

Once you've split the clip, just select the bit that you don't want, and delete it.