transcend... and some problems...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by melow71, Jan 22, 2009.

1. melow71 macrumors member

Just bought a "transcend sdhc" 8gb card for my new canon 990is, but when i load the card into card reader and plugged it into my macbook usb port and the card can't be read for some reason???? It says, initialize, so i initialized and nothing..... i know this is new tech... for digital camera's but why isn't the card being read???

any ideas-

2. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

I'm actually using a Transcend 8gb sd card and it works great on mine. Both mac/pc

Did you try formatting the card in the camera?

EDIT:

Also can you see the card in disk utility? If so try formatting it there also but the camera format is the best

3. melow71 thread starter macrumors member

yeaq

could it be the reader???? maybe it doesn't read sdhc...

4. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

5. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

That card reader looks hilarious! :D

But to the OP, I would go with CC's first recommendation of formatting it in the camera first, before doing anything with it.

6. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

I know.. I kinda regretted paying $30 for a card reader but hey when you spend $2k on an Imac what's another $30 for a matching card reader?

7. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

Does the card seem to work in the camera? Can you try downloading the photos from the camera with the USB cable? If that works it's probably the reader, or some card/reader interaction. SDHC compatibility problems perhaps, as suggested.