Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aloyouis

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Hi all,

I am using both my iMac and my rMBP for work these days. In an effort to have all my files in one place I want to start putting everything on a drive that I can use in both computers. I know I could just use a thumb drive but they stick out of my MBP when traveling and I am constantly afraid of it falling out and losing it.

So, I am liking the Transcend Jet Drive for my MBP as it is flush with the case when inserted. My issue that they seem to be very model specific. My rMBP is a late 2012 and my iMac is a 21.5/mid 2011.

Will the same Jet Drive work in both computers?

Thanks.

Jim

zettabyte

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2015
Hi all,

I am using both my iMac and my rMBP for work these days. In an effort to have all my files in one place I want to start putting everything on a drive that I can use in both computers. I know I could just use a thumb drive but they stick out of my MBP when traveling and I am constantly afraid of it falling out and losing it.

So, I am liking the Transcend Jet Drive for my MBP as it is flush with the case when inserted. My issue that they seem to be very model specific. My rMBP is a late 2012 and my iMac is a 21.5/mid 2011.

Will the same Jet Drive work in both computers?

Thanks.

Jim

Forgive me if I'm not correct on this, but being that you have a late 2012 rMBP and a 2011 iMac model, the depth of the SD slot should be fine for the JetDrive's length (350 Model JetDrive).

It's just that in the newer MBP's the depth is more shallow as oppose to the later MBP's + iMacs.

I use the JetDrive as well and absolutely love it. It's awesome.

Reactions: aloyouis

aloyouis

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Ugh! I listed my OLD Mac Book. The one I want to share the Jet Drive with is a LATE 2013.

Will it still work???

Mnowell69

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2013
Bedford, UK
of course, if you don't have a massive amount of files to carry around a jet drive would be fine. I got one specifically for my MBP 13 and never used it after because i was sick of fishing the thing out with the hook that was required. So ended up getting a normal flash drive that could be used with all my computers and the ones at work etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.