Transcode video on Mac to TiVo

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrgreen4242, Sep 19, 2007.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

The Windows version of TiVo Desktop Pro software does realtime transcoding of DiVX/MPEG4/etc to MPEG2 for playback on your TiVo, but the Mac version doesn't have this option (they don't have a Pro version available, rather relying on Roxio for many of those features). I think that there is a solution that did something similar for the 360 back before it supported those video codecs, and I'm wondering if there is something similar for TiVo? I'm happy to pay for it as long as it works, but I just haven't found anything that will do it for me...

Thanks for any leads!

2. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

In case anyone is interested, there's a python script that apparantly does this for Windows, OSX, and Linux using FFMpeg, so I'll be giving that a try later this week. If anyone wants to know how it goes, let me know and I'll report back in. Any tips still appreciated!

3. D.G. macrumors member

Visual Hub can do it. http://techspansion.com/visualhub/

I'm not sure what other options there are now, but I didn't find anything workable for free when I was looking a while back.

DG