Transfer 1700 from iPod Classic

Discussion in 'iPod' started by kukheart, Aug 18, 2014.

1. kukheart macrumors regular

kukheart

My wife has a PC laptop that crashed and died and now we replaced her laptop and I would like to use her iPod Classic to transfer about 1700 songs into iTunes. I was just looking for the easiest way to do this, I see that there are a lot of programs out there, but I don't feel like shelling out $20-$30. I don't know why Apple hides the music files when the iPod is plugged in to the laptop. If anyone knows the easiest way to do this please let me know.

2. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

Senuti

Haven't tried to do that in ages, but distinctly I remember, it was in the bleak December... And it was easy and straightforward with Senuti (iTunes spelled backward).

3. Lacasse macrumors regular

+1 on senuti, however I noticed that they now charge...If I recall it used to be free. You may wish to consider Icopypod.

4. kukheart thread starter macrumors regular

kukheart

Thanks all, I actually did download Senuti, they let me download 1000 songs for free, so I guess all I need now is the other 700 or so. I will try Podtrans as well, looks like they also have a Pro version for $30 but it looks like the free version will suffice.