transfer 2 iphones from pc to mac

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tjhooker, May 4, 2011.

1. tjhooker macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just bought new iMac today and need to transfer iphones. We have two iphones on two seperate itunes on a pc (different accounts and apps and music).

Any ideas on how to transfer across music/apps/contacts? Not bothered about merging into one account, but can do if easier.

Thanks!:)

2. tjhooker thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone? Anywhere else where I could get the answer? Your help very much appreciated.

3. macography.net macrumors newbie

macography.net

I've never transferred an iPhone from a PC to a Mac but I believe that Mac OS X will attempt to do an optimization on it as it used to to for iPods. That looks to me like a format of the whole iPhone. I may be wrong though....

Anyway, if I were you I would try these steps:

1. Transfer all the data currently stored on the iPhone to your PC
    2. Connect the iPhone to your new iMac (congrats on the purchase btw!)
    3. Follow the instructions
    4. Copy the data from PC to Mac (this point could contain multiple steps depending on where you usually store your emails, contacts etc. - Give us some additional data on it)
    5. Use iTunes on the iMac to copy the music/photos/movies etc. to your iPhone

Again, about contacts and emails you should tell us what you use. If it's Gmail then you can recreate a Google Sync connection and all data will transferred from the cloud to the iPhone.

Good luck!

4. tjhooker thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply but... my main concern is the fact we have two seperate accounts, puchases, music, contacts. How do I set up two seperate itunes platforms on the imac, do I need two seperate log in accounts on the imac itself? (As I have on the pc).

Ta!

5. iKingsley86 macrumors member

If you need backup your apps,music and other files into your PC. You can try a new manage tool called iTong. Just sounds like iTunes....lol

They say it can backup your game record and use your iPhone as a USB portable drive to transfer your apps,files into your PC