Transfer a video directly from MacBook to iPhone, for Instagram upload?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexjholland, Mar 6, 2017.

1. alexjholland macrumors 6502

Hey, I regularly Instagram videos, often that I've edited in Final Cut Pro X.

I'm aware that Instagram deliberately don't allow upload via a computer, because it undermines their 'DIY uploads' ethos; but hey, it's competitive - and that's what's required!

The simplest way I've found to get them up there, is to place them in Dropbox, then open Dropbox on my iPhone, save them to the iPhone, then upload them.

Unfortunately, this isn't very simple; and in Australia (which has abysmal internet) it's pretty painful.

Surely there must be an easier way to transfer a video directly from my MacBook, onto my iPhone?

2. thejasonhowell macrumors regular

thejasonhowell

Use one of those USB drive apps and use iTunes file sync and just drag it to your phone

3. DanDilla macrumors member

DanDilla

If you use the photos app via icloud photostream on both devices it should be a lot more comfortable as the transfer and download to the phone are automated (but it isn't really faster since it's running over the cloud).

To fasten the transfer you can use the photos app -with both icloud off and on- and sync with your USB cable...

4. thejasonhowell macrumors regular

thejasonhowell

USB Disk Free - The File Manager by Imesart S.a.r.l.
    https://appsto.re/us/aZDfw.i

5. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

AirDrop?

There's also this app called flume that lets you post from your mac

6. alexjholland thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheers, as Airdrop on my 2011 MacBook Pro won't work with iOS devices, I used this solution and it worked!