Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddiec312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Miami, FL
Ok, so I just updated my IP5 to IO8 and enabled icloud drive unknowingly that wasn't the best option right now. Anyways, my issue is that I do not want to restore from backup my IP6 when it arrives but instead setup as new.

So, my question to you all is what would be the best options for me to transfer all my pictures from my IP5 (non existent camera roll) to my new IP6 when I have it? I do have a macbook pro and iphoto. Would just synching back and forth to iphoto be the easiest option? Thanks.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I don't understand your problem. Your camera roll and photo stream are stored in your Photos app under "Photos". Simply back up your iPhone 5 to iCloud as normal, then set up your new iPhone by restoring from iCloud. Your photos will be there.

eddiec312

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
Miami, FL
I don't understand your problem. Your camera roll and photo stream are stored in your Photos app under "Photos". Simply back up your iPhone 5 to iCloud as normal, then set up your new iPhone by restoring from iCloud. Your photos will be there.

Well currently I do not use icloud as my backup destination, I use my macbook pro. So I should just turn on my icloud backup and put my photos there?

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Well currently I do not use icloud as my backup destination, I use my macbook pro. So I should just turn on my icloud backup and put my photos there?

I am not sure how setting up a new phone from an iTunes backup works, as I have never done it, but I assume it is possible.

If you use iCloud to backup, then there is really nothing special you need to do. When you boot up the new phone, it will give you the option to set up from your iCloud backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.