transfer apps and app data

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kailibur, Jun 3, 2011.

1. kailibur macrumors member

i just bought a pc laptop, so im trying to move all my itunes data for my 32gb touch 3g from our windows xp desktop to my windows 7 laptop, as the laptop is faster. the only prob is that i have lots of app dataa, as iv had my ipt since it came out. i worked hard to get my data on all abt 200 of my apps, and i dont want to loose that data when i erase and sync with my laptop. any ideas on how to move app data?
    i think all i have to do is copy my backup and paste it into laptop, but i want to be sure. please no super complex ideas, im only 13 and my parents are worse with comps than ANYBODY, including the infant across the street.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

i think all your apps are stored in a certain folder in your computer. On iTunes just right-click on one of your apps and chose show on explorer. I guess you can copy that folder into the new machine and just drag those apps into iTunes.

3. (HAHA) macrumors newbie

if its all on your ipod right now, then you can rightcick on it and click "transfer purchases" it will do it for you. hope this helps.:D

4. kailibur thread starter macrumors member

i tried both ideas, but the transfer purchases transfered only songs and videos. i turned on home sharing with the desktop im trying to copy from, but even after enabling the app sharing part of home sharing, i still got nada. i think im just gona have to buy a 32gb flash drive to transfer everything. any other ideas before i do?

5. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

When it sync with a new library, as far as I know it only cares about your music. So it should be sufficient to connect to your new computer and get iTunes to pull a backup for you.