Transfer apps to a new mac?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Necross, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Necross macrumors member

So, I got a new mac. Before this I was using a PC. I had some issues copying my music from my PC where half the albums imported as "unknown album" so I thought I'd just go back to my CDs and reimport them as AAC files instead of MP3. All of the music I bought from iTunes were fine so no problem there. Also my few books from iBooks are fine too.

But, my iPod touch has a bunch of apps that I downloaded, mostly little games. When I plug in my iPod, it says if I want to transfer purchases or erase & sync. I was going to erase & sync when I get all the CDs redone. I transferred purchases, and it only listed 2 songs.

How can I get my downloaded apps off my iPod and onto my new Mac, like so they can be updated easily and stuff? I'm assuming if I erase & sync it'll erase all my apps too... Are they just saved somewhere on my PC where I can copy them over? For some reason they didn't make it over when I did my big transfer before...

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Do transfer purchases. Apps count as purchases, even if they were free. It should transfer all of them from your iPod into your iTunes library.

3. Necross thread starter macrumors member

Well, I did the transfer purchases thing, but it still doesn't list my apps in iTunes.. or do I have to have the iPod plugged in for them to show?

I also have an Apple TV (latest model) that for some reason isn't showing up in my devices list on the mac, but it's still there for the PC.