Transfer apps to different account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ParagJain, Aug 17, 2011.

1. ParagJain macrumors 6502

I have 2 itunes account; 1 australian and 1 india.
    I had the Oz account as I was residing over there for nearly 1.5 years and have made number of purchases.

Now i am returned back to India. How do i transfer my purchases to the Indian account.

I do not want to use the oz account any more as i am not likely to return to that country. without the transfer of purchases, i am unable to update any of my apps that i have purchased on the oz store.

thanks

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

iOS apps have DRM, you can not transfer ownership or authorize another account (even if its your own account) to use that app.

3. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

But then, how do i ensure future updates from happening?

isn;t there any apple helplink or something to get this done? afterall,
    paying $1.99 in oz store and $1.99 in indian store is the same eh !! i have anyways paid for the app and entitiled for all future upgrades for free for that app, till the publisher doesn't charge.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Think

Your only possible option is to contact apple support and explain your situation, they may be able to find a workaround, but as it stands, you can't transfer.

5. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

Got to do that, not the best of apple support out here in India; no harm in trying the luck though..lets see...

6. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Just change the country on your Oz account to India.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This might be worth a try, though I might still suggest you call Apple first and ask if this method will work for you.

Log in using your current Apple ID (https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/W...x?wosid=Q8vpTg3LiEub7zcieHRdCg&localang=en_US)

Then on the right side/center of the page your going to see "Apple ID and Primary Email Address", note that not everyone has this option, but if you do then click on Edit and change your Apple ID to your new one (this method should replace your old ID with your new one, though I am not sure if this will also transfer ownership of your apps as well).

[​IMG]

8. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

I already tried this; it doesn't transfer the apps to the newer account.
    What apple is saying is that they cannot transfer account between countries. So now that i have spent nearly 300 $ in apps and few songs in Oz store, it stays there..that's fine, but soon, my cc is going to expire, then what. Also, i just got an ipad. now setting up the oz account on ipad requires me to re-do the security process of providing the ccv number. i just did that and i am all set, but going in future, when i get iphone 5, if at all it comes..i will not have this flexibility...

am stuck, anyone has any ideas...mindwell, apple support in india sucks big time.

9. synagence macrumors 6502a

It doesn't matter ... you can still access your old content ... you can set your old account payment method to 'none' ... you can update the apps by signing into the old account and doing an update...you don't lose access to old content

I have a 'fake' US account which i used to use to redeem promo codes with ... all the apps still work and i can sync them to my UK iphone fine

As long as the computer you're syncing with is auth'd with each account you can sync all the content ....doesn't matter

10. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, if this works..man, you are a life saver...let me try this today ...
    Many thanks :)