Transfer Audio from PC to iPhone.. Is there an APP for that?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SortKaffe, Apr 7, 2011.

1. SortKaffe macrumors newbie

Hi guys

I've recently bought a used mac mini and I'm using it as a media center under my TV, I live with other people so I don't wanna use the TV's speakers to watch movies at night since I don't wanna bother my roommates. I've been dragging an aux cable from the mac mini to my bed so I can sit and watch with headphones on but then it hit me.. Can I somehow have the PC audio transmitted to my iphone "wirelessly" so i can just plug my headphones into the phone instead of dragging a damn cable through the room everytime?

Is there an app for that? jailbreak apps are fine since I'm jailbroken.

2. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i believe that Airplay would be kinda what you are looking for if you but from what ive read it only plays over speakers. maybe you could plug headphones into a stereo that is near you?
    Airplay link

3. SortKaffe thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm doesn't airplay have a 2 second delay? Not good for video watching i guess. I use either XMBC or VLC to watch videoes and if an audio delay was preventable it would be great. I've tried airfoil in the past but that had a delay also.

4. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I was about to suggest Airfoil but note the delay. Other than that, I don't have anything.

5. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

ahh i got you not, i just misread your post and thought you wanted to listen to music. how about a pair of bluetooth headphones that might possibly be able to connect to your television. im sure there has to be someone on here that would be able to figure it out

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'd have to imaging that ANY solution that takes audio and transmits it to an app would have some kind of delay. Even if it's only a half second you'd notice that.

Wireless headphones from the TV to your head are the best solution I can think of.