Transfer configuration from Time Capsule to an AirPort Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by JohnWB, Sep 29, 2016.

1. JohnWB macrumors newbie

Is it ok to transfer the configuration from my Time Capsule to an AirPort Extreme

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

You would be better of just writing down the configuration and putting in manually to the new router!

3. JohnWB thread starter macrumors newbie

What is wrong with using the saved configuration

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

It is that way because they are two different setups and transferring a configuration from the Capsule to an Extreme or vice-versa they are just two different kind of setups because if the internal hard drive! If you transfer now expect setting up problems in the future. It doesn't take a whole lot of steps to configure a wireless router.

Like I said before set it up manually to prevent the different from the setup of your older Capsule! So just writing down the setup to use to setup the new Extreme will prevent future problems!

5. JohnWB thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I tried the configuration transfer and it worked ok but a couple of minor problems, so I did a manual configuration and it worked perfectly

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I told you the configurations between a Time Capsule and an Extreme were slightly different!