Transfer Contacts and Calendar from Windows to Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dholaday, Sep 4, 2014.

1. dholaday macrumors member

I'm not sure I am posting this question in the proper forum but. . .

My wife wants to transfer her contacts and calendar information from Outlook on her Windows PC to the Calendar and Contacts apps on her iMac.

Is there any way to do that?

All of that information is also on her work-provided iPhone but she has never sync'd the phone with iCloud [not even sure the company would permit that].

TIA,
    Duncan

2. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

You can use iCloud for that. Install the iCloud Control Panel on the Windows machine, if it hasn't already been installed ( check your Windows Control Panel). http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1455 . iCloud Control Panel includes options for syncing Outlook contacts and calendars to iCloud. You can then sign the iMac into the same iCloud account (if it isn't already), et. voila!

This allows the Windows machine and iMac to remain synced going forward (items added on iMac appear in Outlook, and vice versa). However, even it it's a one-time thing, it can be easier to use this iCloud method than the alternatives (exporting files from Outlook, then importing them into Contacts and Calendars). I leave it to others to describe those options.

3. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I would suggest moving the Outlook account to IMAP if possible. That makes changing clients so much easier. Changing will depend on what the hosting company supports for email protocols.