Transfer contacts from blackberry to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ikermalli, Sep 2, 2011.

1. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Hey,

So I sold my Blackberry Bold and I made a backup from Blackberry Desktop Manager. I just got an iPhone 4 and I've been searching everywhere for a solution to get all my contacts from my backup but I can't seem to find one. Would anyone be able to help me? I originally made a back up off of google sync but it doesn't seem to have worked.

2. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

I found a way to get my google sync working for anyone that's had trouble.

All you need to do is plug your iPhone into your computer and click on it and go under the "Info Tab" under there it should say "Sync Address Book Contacts" if it is unchecked check it and then click on "Sync Google Contacts" enter your google ID (e-mail) and password and hit "Apply" it will then load all your contacts you have stored from Google Sync to your phone.

3. NJFP macrumors 6502

Yep. That's what I did. Pulled everything in from Google. I'm having trouble syncing the gmail calendar and the iCal and the iPhone, but looks like I'm not the only one! Once the cloud gets here, things should be much easier!

4. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

I have a windows PC. What I did was backup my BB contacts to Outlook contacts with Desktop Mngr , then imported those to the iPhone using iTunes. Worked like a charm last year.