Transfer contacts from Gmail to iCloud

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Abazigal, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Okay, I am probably going to sound like a moron over this, but I would really appreciate some help here.

I recently discovered why my iphone contacts were not synching over to my mac - I had the default contact server set as gmail instead of icloud. My friend tells me the only way is to re-enter everything.

Is there a faster way to transfer all contacts over? Your assistance would be most welcome, and thanks in advance. :)

2. iPusch macrumors 6502

iPusch

I unfortunately think your friend is right...
    Apple doesn't provide anything to transfer your contacts from xxxx to iCloud.
    At least I don't know of.

You have to type 'em manually, hope you don't have that many :)

Otherwise you could just Google a bit for some third party software, maybe some developers had some fun creating such a transferring program^^

PS: and this might help you as well :)
    http://www.cultofmac.com/210971/transfer-google-contacts-to-icloud-simply-and-easily-ios-tips/

3. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Why not just export them from Gmail then import via icloud.com

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This is easy.

On the phone go into Gmail and turn off the 'Contacts' part of the account. The phone will ask if you want to erase or keep the contacts that are on the phone. Tell it to keep them.

Then, log into iCloud on the phone. It will sync the contacts in the phone with iCloud.

(As always, make sure you have a total phone backup somewhere before you do this. If you somehow mess it up you can always restore the phone to get everything back.)