Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I'd like to get the contacts transferred from my brother's old Verizon Motorola V3M Razr to his Address Book on his MacBook (running Leopard) so that we can get those contacts onto his new iPhone 3G.

I knew that I wouldn't be able to simply do it via Bluetooth (I had an E815 from Verizon whose bluetooth capabilities were crippled) but I tried it anyway (with iSync). It did not work. Next, I tried using a USB to Mini USB cable and hooked it directly into the MacBook and tried using iSync, but still got this error:

Code:
Friday, August 8, 2008 10:02 AM
 [RAZR V3m] An unexpected error occurred.
 Device “RAZR V3m” synchronization failed.

Lastly, I tried using BitPim with the USB cable, and that also did not work.

It seems verizon has done a great job locking down this phone...does anyone have any other suggestions? There's 300+ contacts in here that would be quite annoying to have to enter manually into Address Book.

Woz Beard

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2008
USA
I recall verizon having an online account tool that can store contacts, which is useful when switching between phones. Perhaps the list can be stored. You might want to call them for possible alternatives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.