Transfer Contacts from RAZR to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iqwertyi, Mar 24, 2008.

1. iqwertyi macrumors regular

Hello,

I bought someone an iPhone as a gift. They currently have a RAZR and I don't have an iPhone myself, so I don't have anyway of testing it for myself.

Is there an easy way to transfer their contacts from one to another. I'm pretty sure all the contact numbers and info on the razr were inputted directly to the phone, so it was never synced to outlook previously or anything like that.

Any advice.

Thanks

2. ballen420 macrumors 6502

If they own a Mac, they can sync the Razr contacts into the address book on the Mac via bluetooth, and then sync those into the iphone.

If they own a PC, there are programs out there that allow you to get contacts off the phone. I remember hooking up a mini USB cable to get them off in the past via some Motorola program.

3. iqwertyi thread starter macrumors regular

They have a PC.

I hope they have a free program available.

4. verdee macrumors newbie

If you save your contacts to your sim, there is a program (provided your phone is jailbroken) that'll transfer them to your iphone. Worked perfectly for me.

5. ballen420 macrumors 6502

If they have Verizon and no Sim card, then they need Motorola phone tools to transfer the contacts. I don't believe the software is free (I believe it's $25 with the mini USB cable), though I think Razr's come with a disc that potentially has something similar on it.

iSync on a Mac is the easiest way (and it's free). Maybe they can find a way to do it in an Apple store.

6. IlliniDude macrumors regular

I downloaded Motorola Phone Tools via a P2P program and then copied my numbers into Outlook Express. Then I synced my iphone with Outlook and they came through.