Transfer Contacts to Mac from wife's iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whiskyeddie, Feb 21, 2011.

1. whiskyeddie macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Please go easy as I'm new here...

I have had a look around for the answer to my question as I know how annoying it is to see the question asked several times!

Here we go...

My wife has left her job and has to give her iPhone 4 back at the end of this week (boo!). She obviously has all her contacts on this that she has input herself since she took the job. The iPhone is not synced at home at appears to be synced over the air by a MS Exchange server run by her organisation.

I have been unable, so far, to determine how to remove these contacts from this phone. I have tried syncing it (carefully) with my own account and creating a folder in my contacts specifically for her details. I have tried switching users on my mac and syncing to that - with all options ticked correctly as far as I can see on iTunes.

Nothing has worked so far and I am starting to wonder whether it is possible due to the phone being 'tethered' to this Exchange thing.

Would be really grateful if anyone can help!

Thanks,
    Eddie

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Are you looking at the settings with her phone, or your phone, connected to iTunes. If you have created another folder, and have selected that folder in iTunes (with her Device connected) then the contacts should sync. Another option might be to create a Gmail account for her and sync her contacts to Google.