Transfer data between 2 iphone devices

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lakshi, Jun 7, 2018.

1. lakshi, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018

lakshi macrumors regular

Hello, i have an iphone 6 in which i dont know password of icloud id....now i wish to back up data of this phone using 3utools and then transfer this data to a brand new iphone 8 plus. My question is will i be required icloud id and password after i transfer data to the new phone? I have apple id and password of the phone though
    Thanks

2. nieks macrumors 6502

nieks

you'll have to clearify:
    - "iphone 6 in which i dont know password of icloud id"
    - " I have apple id and password of the phone though"

Well, are you or are you not able to unlock the iPhone 6? Is it yours?

Normally I'd say: just backup the 6 in iCloud, and install the iCloud backup on the new iPhone 8.

3. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

I want to transfer data using 3utools. My iPhone 6 is not locked and I can download apps using my Apple ID and password. I just have forgotten iCloud password. I want to back up info of this phone using 3utools and restore it to my iPhone 8 Plus using 3utools. Just need to know if I will have any issues with my iPhone 8 Plus after restore data regarding iCloud password since I don’t have it?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2018 ---
    I don’t mind buying storage in iCloud and backing up the iPhone 6 and installing backup on new iPhone 8 but I don’t have iCloud password....though I have Apple ID and password, any ideas?

4. nieks macrumors 6502

nieks

but the iCloud password is your Apple ID password, right?
    You can check by going to iCloud.com, log in with your Apple ID and password.

Tadaah, job done. Or am I misreading your post?

5. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

I’ll try that later