Transfer data from dead macbook pro to mac mini!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pray4Me, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Pray4Me macrumors newbie

There was a leak in my roof that leaked alll over my mac! I put in silica crystals for a couple weeks and it worked fine except the keyboard was a little ****ed but now it has stopped working!

I had previous water damage before too but I got it repaired and never had a problem.

I will hear the mac start up sound, the music will play, the grey screen appers, and then the screen turns on. If left on long enough it will reset and do it again by itself.

I am hoping to transfer the data from it onto my mac mini via thunderbolt or fire wire or W E!

the model of macbook i have is Apple MacBook Pro 13"Early 2011 A1278 | i5-2415M @ 2.30GHz | 4GB RAM |

and I use what used to be a mac mini server from 2010

2. sebseb macrumors 6502

sebseb

Well you can not use Thunderbolt since the Mac Mini 2010 doesn't feature it. However both have firewire 800 and ethernet port! So you can use either method to transfer files between each other. To transfer through firewire check this link.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Either use target disk mode or pull the hard drive out and put it in a caddy. It's not hard and probably the best way to go about it.