Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Khruezer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
I've been playing Xenogears on my iPad 3 for a total of 7 hours now. It's actually more like 12 due to random stat gain during leveling up, but that's neither here nor there. I have only been saving my game files using savestates because the in-game memory card saves do not work (game freezes).

Does anyone know of a way I can get my memory card function to work properly? I've messed around with the settings but to no avail. I've changed protocols (755 I believe), and some other stuff I can't remember.

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
Chances are high that you're screwed, as usually save state formats for each emu are different and non-transferable. I believe a long time ago there was an until for switching save state formats for two well known PC PSX emus but can't even recall if I'm just dreaming.

I'd contact ZodTTD on Twitter or something and ask him if there is anything that can be done at all (he won't answer, likely, but...).

Khruezer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Thanks ipsychedelic for the response. I actually managed to transfer my memory card save file from ePSXe to my iPad, I almost cried after I saw that my characters had end-game equipment on in only the second part after the intro (I used cheats on the ePSXe).

If anyone else is having the same problem here's what I did:
1) Find 'epsxe000.mcr' and 'epsxe001.mcr' in the 'memcards' folder in the ePSXe
2) Copy and paste them in a separate area, then rename them 'mcd001.mcr' and 'mcd002.mcr' respectively.
3) Transfer your two memory card files to your iPad, I used a USB app via iTunes.
4) Use iFile or another app to navigate your iPad and locate where your new memory card files are, they should be in the folder of the app you used to transfer the file.
5) Copy/Cut the files and paste them where your PSX4All folder is, mine was in:
/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/PSX

So now you have the files in the right place. In my case, the game was STILL freezing when accessing the "Continue" option. At this point, I messed around with the "Cycle Multiplier for Performance" option. I lowered it from 3* to the lowest setting, which was 2. The thing about this is that it works sometimes, other times it doesn't. I just did it again, and it took me 4 tries for the file to be read, but it read it successfully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.