transfer everything from old unlocked iphone to new

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GetAudiHere, Jul 19, 2011.

1. GetAudiHere macrumors regular

I currently have an unlocked and jailbroken iphone 2g and I will be getting a new one (possibly 3GS) and want to know how i cant transfer everything from my old iphone to the new one? Like an exact replica...I searched and saw you could back up the old iphone, but does anyone have a link on exactly how to do this? Im kind of a noob at this, although do know some as I did unlock my 2g.

Thanks!

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Assuming your 3GS is a brand new phone, upon plug in, iTunes will prompt if you'd like to set up the phone as 'New' OR from a restore/back up. Everything will be synced except for your music, you'll have to manually re-do them.

3. GetAudiHere thread starter macrumors regular

so do i just plug in my old phone...right click and hit back up and that will take care of everything? What about like cycorder videos? Will it back them up too? And then when I unlock the 3gs I can just plug it in and hit restore? that simple? I just dont want to screw anything up and lose data

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Plug your old iPhone into iTunes and on the left hand side bar, right click on your iPhone and click 'Back up'.

With your new iPhone plugged in, right click on it in the side bar and click 'Restore from Backup'.

Alternatively, you are also prompted to restore from a backup after a restore.

5. GetAudiHere thread starter macrumors regular

6. GetAudiHere thread starter macrumors regular

7. GetAudiHere thread starter macrumors regular

anyone? I need to have my phone tomorrow and dont want to screw anything up in the process of restoring the data from my old phone