Transfer everything my another Apple ID

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Sven11, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Sven11 macrumors 6502a

I'm using 2 Apple ID's. One for iTunes and my main iCloud account, the other for mails.

Is it possible to transfer everything (including purchases) to my mail account?

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Apple typically will not merge accounts. What if you just change the email address associated with your account?

3. Sven11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just want to use my mail account for everything now.

4. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

Are both Apple ID's iCloud or me.com accounts? or are they 3rd party emails (i.e.; @gmail.com, etc).
    If they're not iCloud specific email/apple id's you should just be able to change the email of the 2nd one and then change the email of the 1st one to the one you want.

if they're both iCloud, i don't think there is much of a way to make the switch, you can set-up them up as family sharing and download all the apps the first apple id account has.

transferring mail is pretty simple through the Mail.app on a Mac or iOS device.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Apple has mentioned before they are working on a way to merge accounts like this, but for now there is no way to do it.

6. Sven11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, they're both iCloud accounts. Does family sharing also work with Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, iTunes U and iBooks?

Great to see that they are at least working on it. Any estimate when it will be available?

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I would not hold my breath. I'm thinking it has been at least a couple years since Apple said that and we have heard nothing since, so I'm not optimistic.

8. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

9. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Not possible. Apple will not merge purchases from one account to another.