transfer excel contact to iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jskoh, Mar 22, 2010.

1. jskoh macrumors newbie

hi, i need some help on transfering contact from my excel to iphone.. my contact are simple with only name and number. however, i have few hundred of contact and i have a hard time doing so. can someone advise?

Attached Files:

2. tiptopp macrumors regular

tiptopp

There are probably several ways of doing it, but all will involve you synching your contacts with another service or application. It might be possible to import contacts in address book on a Mac (haven't tried as I don't have access to my Mac at work), or the M$ equivalent.

However, what I have tried is saving the spreadsheet with names and numbers as a csv file in Excel, and importing this file into Google contacts. I then have my Google account synched with my iPhone, so the contacts arrive in my phone.

Tiptopp

3. jskoh thread starter macrumors newbie

i try to save the file to csv (tab delimited) but couldnt import to google contact. is there any other way? anybody?

4. tiptopp macrumors regular

tiptopp

Your CSV has to be comma delimited, not tab.

You then go to Google contacts and import it.

Probably need to make sure that you have column headings of Name and Number, and no extraneous fields.

What did it say when you tried it?

Tiptopp