Transfer files from hard drive to new mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jace75, Jan 13, 2009.

  1. jace75 macrumors newbie

    Jan 10, 2009
    knew to the forum so i hope im in the right spot.had a pc running winxp.had two hard drives in it one for os & apps the other for music & video.last friday i think the os hard drive crashed (computer would not come up a heard a clicking noise coming from the computer).so i went out and bought my first question is, is there something i can buy to plug the hard drive with the music & video to maybe see if i can recover some of those files
  2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603


    Jul 26, 2004
    Montreal, QC
    Sure. What you're after is an external enclosure. It sounds like you had a desktop, so you'll need a 3.5" enclosure, either SATA or ATA, depending what interface your drives used.

    However, the clicking sound is likely a symptom of drive failure, so I think your system drive is toast. Worth a shot, though.

Share This Page