transfer from pc to macbook using flash drive

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by constantleigh1, Jan 25, 2011.

1. constantleigh1 macrumors newbie

My Macbook late 2006 model running leopard 10.6.6. has a broken optical drive... nothing new..... what i really want to do is install Ableton Reason program onto macbook asap..... I have a a 4gb flash drive and a dell inspiron running vista ..... What are my options....

Can i transfer reason from the disk off of my pc without loading onto my pc. just transfer straight from cd/dvd drive to flash drive... then load it onto my macbook some how?

I also would love to some day load vista onto my macbook.... haven't had any success yet though .... I have been trying all the suggestions given in other post about it and have had no success .... so any help would be great

ableton works on pc and macbooks

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. constantleigh1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Kind of worked.... i can see the remote disk and the files load onto my macbook but that's it. They don't really install onto the mac .... They still come up as PC files in the info section...... if That makes any sense...

In reason I load the first disk then the second disk ..Orkester sound bank( which apparently physically has a key in the disk for proof of ownership) there is a hold up... it loads through remote disk but Reason on the Mac never really recognizes it... it stays on the window..... waiting for Orkester sound bank cd....

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Grr. I wonder if it is a hybrid HFS+/ISO disc and the HFS+ session is invisible to Windows.

Remote disc must be able to handle this since OS X discs are the same way?!? an ISO session for the Boot Camp drivers and an HFS+ one for OS X.

B