Transfer gifted X from AppleID

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by World Citizen, Nov 8, 2017.

1. World Citizen macrumors regular

Hey!

My work is giving me a iPhone X for personal use as a gift. But they bought it in their own AppleID account.
    Is there any way or benefit of trying to transfer ownership to my own AppleID?

I am expecting I will not be able to register it's serial in my AppleID, because it has been bought with a different AppleID and is already registered to this AppleID?

I do have the original receipt and work is willing to cooperate in a potential transfer if possible.

Thanks for any info!

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Huh? When you activate the phone, use your Apple ID.

3. california_kid macrumors regular

As long as it's brand new and not previously activated to your company's Apple account, you don't need to do anything special. If the company did activate under their Apple account, then whoever owns that account just disables Find My iPhone, then do a full factory reset/wipe and it is all yours.

4. World Citizen thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, No it will be brand new in the box. But doesn't it matter it has been bought with a different Apple ID?

5. california_kid macrumors regular

Correct. Does not matter who made the purchase. I bought one for my wife using my Apple account and she had no problems setting it up under her account. Warranty service will likely need a receipt copy from the original buyer.