Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgalan14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
So last time I had iPhone I did the whole google contacts from iTunes but I do not feel like using it cause I had some contacts saved and screw everything around anyways my questions is anyways to transfer google contacts to iCloud without a pc (too lazy to turn it on lol )

slr001

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Mm thanks I'll guess I just do one by one , :( well at least I organize them as well, thank you for the response

I thought I read that there was a way to set up Gmail as an exchange account and pull in google contacts??

jgalan14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Yeah I read that too but I just wanted to transfer all my contacts to iCloud

jason.siegel

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
I got it to work. Open up Address Book and have it pull your contacts from Google. Then sync Address Book contacts to your iPhone. Then turn on iCloud on your Mac. It'll tell you that it will need to disable the Google sync. But that's fine now since you already have your contacts. ;)

jgalan14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
I got it to work. Open up Address Book and have it pull your contacts from Google. Then sync Address Book contacts to your iPhone. Then turn on iCloud on your Mac. It'll tell you that it will need to disable the Google sync. But that's fine now since you already have your contacts. ;)

Thanks for the tip I am try when I get home :)

Saberj

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010

Are these Mac specific directions? I wonder if there is a way to do this with an iPhone on Windows.

Polo2883

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2006
I just setup my gmail account using exchange instead of the built in. The way I have it setup right now is the calendars are synced using the gmail option for mail. Then my gmail and contacts are going through exchange.

gniss39

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2007
Eugene, OR

This. For Macs I guess. Going from an og Droid to 4S and this is what I plan on doing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
I took my old Evo 3d to the apple store and they transferred all my contacts over for me

ps2pk

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
I just connected my iPhone to itunes. Gave it a name and it asked me if I wanted to sync contacts. If it doesn't ask you hit the info tab up top and sync contacts. It'll ask you to login in gmail and sync your contacts.

On the iPhone go to settings > iCloud and turn of contacts. When it asks you to delete all previous contacts from the cloud do so (it wont delete any synced contacts from itunes). Then turn on contacts again and all your contacts are now on iCloud. You can double check on icloud.com

Armeniandave

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
San Diego
You can go to google contacts and export them as a vcard and then just open up iCloud and drag them right into the contacts. Works great! There's a thread somewhere else telling you exactly how to do it.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
You can go to google contacts and export them as a vcard and then just open up iCloud and drag them right into the contacts. Works great! There's a thread somewhere else telling you exactly how to do it.

I've exported my google contacts. I ccouldn't drop the vcf file in icloud. I'm on windows. There seem to be no import button in icloud to import the contacts?

Anyone else have done this in windows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.