Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shahidkapoor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
London
Hello,

I've a MBP 15'' Late 2011 base model and I'd like to transfer GTA IV from my old Windows laptop to this new MBP. Is it possible? I don't want to re install it as I've Modded the game with real cars. If I install again I'll loose all my cars and I'll have to again mod them one by one ..

So, i need a way to transfer it with current settings..
Can you recommend me a software or any way to do that? may be with an external hard drive or Carbon Copy Cloner?

motoracer1486

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2006
Are you using bootcamp or something to run Windows on your new Mac? As far as I know, GTA requires a Windows OS.

motoracer1486

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2006
I have no idea if this will work...but all of the information/data is stored locally on your Windows computer. Can you try copying the entire GTA folder into your Mac and play from bootcamp there? Or maybe install GTA on your Mac and then replace the data files of your saved game data? I'm sure someone else here has a better idea of what you can do.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
why don't you use the windows migrating assistant thing? It will move your whole old computer onto your new one over your network.....along with settings...i think that should do the trick rather then copying the folders over cause I think that might break things in the registry.

bumzo1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2009
Dallas, TX
GTA IV is one of my favorite games and recently had to reinstall it, just find the vehicles.img and the handling.dat files from your modded version and swap the stock vehicles.img and handling.dat files with the modded ones. Any asi loaders you have just need to be transferred over into the GTA IV folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.