Transfer iLife09 to new installation?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BoogieTrain, Jul 16, 2009.

1. BoogieTrain macrumors member

A few months ago i had to take my macbook in to get serviced (broke hdd) and they installed iLife09 for me, when I previously had 08. So I have no iLife 09 DVD and its not included in the OSX DVD that shipped with my mac. When Snow Leopard comes out I am planning to upgrade. I don't like to "update" my OS, instead i like to format and install it fresh. Is there a way I can "backup" my iLife 09 applications somewhere and then install them on my newly formatted Snow Leopard?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

The osx DVD that ships with a new system does contain iLife. You get two disks with the system.

3. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Easiest thing to do would be an "Archive and Install". It gives you a fresh install of the operating system while maintaining your user folders and applications. Only applications that modify system files would need to be reinstalled (such as the Adobe suite).

4. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

Yes, but his disks include iLife '08. He wants to be able to keep the '09 versions.

This is your answer right here.