iPad Transfer iOs 7 data and tweaks to iOs 8

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nazrinstark, Dec 2, 2014.

1. nazrinstark macrumors newbie

Hello! I have a jailbroken iPad 2 running iOs 7. I wanted to upgrade to iOs 8 and I'm going to jailbreak it. Is it possible for me to upgrade to iOs 8 at the same time keeping all of my datas and tweaks applied on iOs 7? Thanks.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

For the tweaks, you will need to make sure they have been updated for iOS 8 compatibility

3. nazrinstark thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright. If they're all compatible with iOs 8, do I have to reinstall one by one or it can be backed up and restored?

4. nazrinstark thread starter macrumors newbie

If they're all compatible, do I have to reinstall it one by one or I can just back up and restore it back? Thanks

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

you can always queue up a list of tweaks in cydia before you install it all in one go (although i don't recommend queuing up more than 10 tweaks at a time)

6. nazrinstark thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright thanks. But what about my apps? Can it be backed up and restore? Both originals from appstore and pirated from appcake.

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Apps can be re downloaded from the AppStore, or you could make an iTunes backup

8. nazrinstark thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks.. This will be a long journey.. cuz I have thousands of apps haha..