Transfer iPhone 4 Playlists to iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maverick1337, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Hello guys, I was messing with my external hard drive, which holds all my iTunes Media, and everything got erased. I have my iPhone 4 with all my music and playlists still on it and I have a question. I was able to recover all my music through SSH and just pulling all the files off of it and onto my computer. My question is, when I plug my phone into iTunes, it shows all my music and playlists and I was wondering, how do i get my playlists from my iPhone onto my iTunes?

I know in 4.0 Apple enabled creating playlists on the iPhone itself and was wondering how do you transfer that playlist onto your computer? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. iBryton macrumors regular

Right click on your "Steve Jobs iPhone" or whatever your name is on the left side when it is plugged into the computer, and click on "Transfer Purchases". It will transfer everything from your iPhone to your Computer.

3. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Does that function transfers playlists as well, because this happened to me once and I had to input all playlists by hand.

Cheater Vargas - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

That will only transfer iTunes Store content to iTunes (Apps, Music, Videos, Books etc.)

5. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Thank you.

Cheater Vargas - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. colderik macrumors newbie

...this is now possible

I've just "discovered" how to do this.

In iTunes, right click the playlist on your iPhone then select "export" to export the playlist as a .txt file (I have 3GS with iOS5).

Then still in iTunes, select "File, Library, Import Playlist", navigate to and open the .txt file, and it will appear in the iTunes sidebar.

I've tried to do this numerous times before. Sorry if this is old news but I was so pleased I wanted to share it.