Transfer iPhone contacts to SIM card?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iPhonelover2010, Dec 14, 2010.

1. iPhonelover2010 macrumors member

Hello, does anyone know of a way to transfer iPhone contacts to a sim? I tried Simanager from cydia, but everytime I try to "copy iPhone to sim," it just gives me a message saying "SIM is full," even though I have 0 contacts in my SIM card (I checked my SIM on another phone). Is there any other way? I can't believe Apple didn't care enough to put this simple, basic feature in the iPhone :mad:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That’s the only app you can use. IMO, it’s not worth using.

3. iPhonelover2010 thread starter macrumors member

=( Then is there any way I can sync my contacts to outlook using a mac? It doesn't give me that option when I connect my phone to iTunes; I can only sync my contacts to the mac Address Book.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sync Address Book to Google Contacts and then sync Google Contacts to Outlook.

5. temetrepo macrumors member

temetrepo

I use Phone View to save the contacts on a file in my mac. Never had a problem yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

It's a little sad they don't provide this functionality natively, like pretty much every other GSM phone on the planet. There are definitely situations where I use a "dumb" phone for a day in case I ruin it or something. It's nice to be able to pop in a sim card and at least have the names and numbers (no matter how terribly they are organized).

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

The problem with moving contacts from the phone to the SIM card is file contents and size. The contact data that can be saved on the SIM card has never been updated and basically consists of one name and phone number per contact. Now consider a typical contact on the Iphone with numbers for home. office and cell as well as other data.

Just would not work in todays environment.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, along with address, email, homepage and many other fields available on the iphone contacts.

9. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Definitely not.

But it definitely works for a day when I want to go skiing or boating and not take along an expensive phone. The "main" contacts are still on MobileMe and the iPhone, but it serves as a nice way to temporarily have your numbers for the day.