Transfer Iphone to new computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rm2092, Oct 17, 2008.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

Ok I just bought a new MBP and im hooking up my iphone to this new computer and do away with the old computer. When I hit sink its telling me it will replace the data on my phone ? how can I just transfer the data from my phone to the computer ?

2. ridgemount macrumors newbie

same problem - no help

I have the same problem, except that I do not have an old computer to take the data off as it crashed without a back -up. I need to take all my data plus songs etc off the iphone onto my new laptop. I have posted this question on several forums but no-one seems to have an answer for it. It must happen quite often and there has to be an answer. I think Apple are so paranoid about people sharing music etc that it is punishing guys like us who have a genuine problem.

There are programs on the net which allow you to transfer your songs from the ipod/iphone which is exactly what Apple want to stop, but there does not seem to be anything available to transfer the data.

very frustrating

regards
    John