Transfer iPhone to new Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpossoff, Jan 7, 2011.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Hi been google-ing and can't find an answer. Got a new mac. Have iphone that I want to transfer apps and songs to the new mac itunes.

2. Chumburro2U macrumors 6502

Chumburro2U

Senuti

I used a windows formatted iphone4 and also bought a iMac and I used the program called Senuti to download all of my media content from the iphone to the new mac. The Senuti program is free for the first 1,000 songs and after that it is $18.00 for a new license. Senuti worked great for me give the free version a try and I guarantee that you will like it.

3. vachargerfan macrumors regular

When I swapped PC's for my parents, all I did was copy the itunes folder from the old PC and over wrote the itunes folder on the new PC with the copy. Worked fine for me

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Are you coming from an old Mac?

Use firewire and Migration Assistant:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4413

Get everything transfered from one computer to the other before you plug in your iPhone.

5. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Coming from a pc to a mac.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Then start Googling (and searching this site) for the exact details, but the basic idea is the same: Get both machines on a network together and copy stuff from the PC to the Mac making sure to get stuff put in the right place. Once it's all over there, then plug in the iPhone.